Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Wedding Makeup


I thought I would share my very own Wedding Day face with you guys!


My wedding makeup look

My wedding was in August and I was going for a very glamorous vintage feel for both makeup and hair.

Who else could I trust to do this but me. I have to say though... I did somewhat miss having someone there to help calm nerves and add that extra touch of pampering. 

Onto the makeup! While I wanted glam, it still needed to be natural to an extent to keep my look fresh, here is the feature listing:

Eyes: Bronze Smokey Eye keeping it really dramatic and soft at the same time, I have naturally long lashes but I still added a few to the outer corners for added flare.

Face: My usual liquid foundation and powder and bronzer..... lots of bronzer.... I was very sick the entire two weeks before the wedding with the worst flu and I had a really pale sallow complexion by the day of the wedding, so I used bronzer to give me back a healthy glow.
( couldn't help the coughing tho :( )

Cheeks: I used a peachy blush keeping it soft 

Lips: A deep red to match my manicure and shoe soles, I also did my bouquet this colour 

Hair: I had my extensions done 3 days before to give my face time to settle, this was a sew in so at times theres a tight face lift until things loosen up. (My custom Bridal Extensions are Clip In's) The night before I set little curls to create the waves with a Veronica Lake inspiration, I did the half over face bang but didn't like the overall look so I kept the side waves to the side as you see in the pic

And that's about it! Lasted through the entire event!

Loved it!.....and Hubby did too 

Pin It

Saj Mack of Brides by Saj is a Professional Makeup Artist in Atlanta Georgia providing Bridal Makeup and Hair services for Weddings and Special Occasions. Saj is available for clients and Brides worldwide.